Everest Region Weather Forecasts
Trekking in the Everest region puts you at the mercy of the weather more than you may have ever been before. Whether you need to know the weather for trekking to Everest Base Camp, the weather for Gokyo, or the weather forecast for the Khumbu region in general, we've compiled a list of what we believe to be the most accurate mountain weather forecasts for trekkers in Nepal.
The weather is still very hard to predict and we suggest using a collection of forecasts for the areas surrounding where you intend to trek each day.
Weather forecasts for the Everest Trekking Region
- Everest Region Interactive Weather Map
- Lukla weather forecast (for flying in and out especially - severe weather can delay flights for days in the worst cases)
- Namche Bazaar weather forecast (for the first few days ascent and last days descent)
- Ama Dablam weather forecast 3000m (to be considered for all central Khumbu tekking routes, particularly around Dingboche and Pheriche, or Ama Dablam base camp)
- Kala Patthar weather forecast (for Kala Patthar summit day and EBC)
- Mount Everest weather forecast (weather for Mount Everest Base Camp day, look at this and Kala Patthar - the expectation should be somewhere in the middle)
- Gokyo weather forecast (for crossing the Ngozumpa glacier, trekking to Gokyo and climbing Gokyo Ri)
- Imja Tse / Island Peak weather forecast (for climbing Island Peak and to be considered for trekking the Kongma La Pass)
See also our weather forecast for trekking in the Annapurna region.
Find my Everest Trekking Guide