DIY Trek Disclaimer
This agreement releases Elite Trekkers and all affiliated organisations from all liability relating to injuries that may occur during any activities undertaken or other engagements provided or facilitated by Elite Trekkers and any and all affiliated organisations. By accepting this agreement, I agree to hold Elite Trekkers and all affiliated organisations entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence.
I also acknowledge the risks involved in trekking, travel and adventure tours. These include but are not limited to altiitude sickness, sprains and/or broken bones, food poisoning or other illness, insect borne diseases or death. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.
I understand that hiring services for a DIY trek means that I become the employer of all staff provided and take on responsibility for all aspects of their health and safety. This includes ensuring all staff have adequate food, water and accommodation for the entirety of the contracted period. I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure all staff are properly insured and I will make every effort to ensure this is the case. I confirm that I accept personal responsibility for every person I hire for my trek(s) and any other activities.
I understand that should I wish to avod these responsibilities, I must join a fully provisioned group trek and that by making DIY arrangements I am engaging Elite Trekkers in the capacity of a booking agency only and I accept any and all liability for every single member of my group.
By undertaking any arrangements with Elite Trekkers and all affiliated organisations I agree to all the terms laid out herein and forfeit all right to bring a suit or other legal proceedings against Elite Trekkers and all affiliated organisations for any reason. In return, I will receive trekking, tour related, or other services. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.
- Staff services in the capacity of guide or porter
- Accommodation / meals for staff on the trek
- Porter arrival at start of trek if applicable
- Guide / porter-guide meet and greet in Kathmandu or Pokhara if applicable
- Flights/transport to/from the trek for your guide and/or porter guide
- Any and all expenses on the trek, including but not limited to: food, water and accommodation for all trekkers
- Staff insurance and/or medical provisions
- Trekker's insurance and/or medical provisions
- Emergency support arrangements
- Any and all other expenses and services beyong the standard staff roles described within this website
Our cancellation terms are design to strike a balance of fairness between you the client, and any team members that have set aside their time and lost/refused other bookings to be present for your trek. In case of cancellation, the following policies apply:
- Cancelled by us before commencement: Full refund given
- Cancelled by us after commencement: Full refund given for all days of hire not used
- Cancelled by you before commencement: Loss of deposit (unless negotiated otherwise in writing), remaining balance returned
- Cancelled by you after commencement: 50% refund given for all days of hire not used
By engaging in any activities of any nature with Elite Trekkers, I/we/all participants fully understand and agree to the above terms.